Sponsored Ads

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Five Things I Miss About Biking

It’s been weeks since I last placed my foot on the pedals. I got sick because as it turned out, dieting and jogging makes me “unhealthy” contrary to popular beliefs. So, I am back with eating rice (although less than my usual) and eating plenty of protein (hello again, beef and pork!).

But during my sick weeks, I also had to take out one good thing I have going… BIKING! And during these days, I cannot help but miss all the good stuff when it comes to riding a bike.


ME-TIME
Whenever I go for a quick ride in the morning (my then-definition of exercise), I always loved the few moments of ME-time. Yes, that feeling of enjoying the company of yourself and getting lost in my thoughts. I always get so many ideas with work and even with my personal matters when I’m riding. It’s such a perfect place and time to squeeze out the juices out of my brain when I am most at ease and carefree.




WORK OUT
So before I got sick, my definition of a work out is going for a ride, that’s about it. But then for some reason, I thought of getting on a “no rice” diet and try jogging. That did not work well for me. I got sick and that forced me to stop doing anything at all and just eat again; so much for healthy living! I miss the days when I go out at 5:30AM to ride for 30 minutes; I sweat vigorously and try to beat my time every now and then. I should have been satisfied with that… but no, I had to do something else. Well, lesson learned the hard way. I will just regain my strength and go back to riding: my first love when it comes to working out.


ADVENTURE
I do not have the luxury (time and money) to go on an out-of-town trip lately, but ever since I discovered biking I realized I did not need much time and money to do that. Just imagine, all I need is a hundred bucks in my pocket, and I will be good to go. As long as I have plenty of water and some chocolate bars in my bag, I am set for a rollercoaster adventure!

MY OWN R&R
Unlike many people who thinks rest and relaxation means lying down half (or sometimes completely) naked on some sort of a bed while a random stranger trying to knead you like some kind of a dough, I define my R&R on a bike. The wind massages my body as I attack it with full stride and the bumpy trail loosens up all the tension as I shake along the tricky parts. Don’t get me wrong, I still do enjoy spas and massages from time to time, but I just don’t really learn to get used to a stranger touching me in all the awkward places. That’s just weird up to my guts.

And lastly…

Grabbed from SouthSide MT Bikers Group

FRIENDS
I am half-introvert half-extrovert. So as much as I enjoy being with myself and hiding in the darkness of my cave (which is actually my room), I also enjoy meeting great people. And ever since I started riding a bike, I met plenty of wonderful people. People from different walks of life, doing all sorts of things for a living yet they come together to enjoy one thing they love the most, and that is to bike! These amazing people will show you a good time without the bad intentions. They live healthily (well not a 100 percent, but at least a part of their lifestyle is healthy LOL) and they observe such sincere camaraderie. You will never meet better people than the bikers (well, mountain climbers also goes up the charts too, I met plenty of nice climbers as well). Well, I am not saying though that ALL bikers are good people, but most of them are and I am just lucky to meet the GOOD bunch of bikers instead of the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment