Sponsored Ads

Monday, April 22, 2013

First Ever Long Ride: 72 Kms in Total (Mang Jak meets Aling Pina)

 Here in the Philippines, when summer arrives, most people grab their backs and head to the beach. I was one of those people, especially when the Holy Week arrives. But for the last couple of years, I tried to do something different during the scared season… sort of like a sacrifice. This year, I did it with Mang Jak!


So with Hazel, our biking coach Roel, their bikes, Mang Jak and I set our feet on our pedals to start our journey. We began our ride from home to Patindig Araw (Imus) through Daang Hari, passing Pasong Buaya trail to Dasmarinas towards Silang, Cavite.

Girl Padyak
Girl Padyak
 Girl Padyak



It sounded easier that way, yet since we were newbie bikers; it was one hell of a ride. More than the fact that we were riding on an uphill road, the sun made sure this is a BIG SACRIFICES. And no matter how early we started, at our pace, it was inevitable to say hello and hang out with Mr. Sun. It was a real “penitensiya” ride, alright!

Girl Padyak
Girl Padyak
Girl Padyak

Yet, after the entire “overheating” mode, Hazel’s breathlessness, my wobbling (that looks more like dancing) knees, and the soreness that was our “a*s” (excuse my French), the ride to Silang, specifically to Aling Pina’s was worth it! Why? It’s because of the yummy lugaw with egg, tokwa (fried tofu), lumpia and halo-halo that we ate! Yes, we brought “fiesta” on our tables. Not to mention, along the road, I gulped down a fresh coconut juice! YUM, YUM and did I say YUM?

On our way back, we tried a different route, this time through the “muddy” trail that didn’t really lived up to its name that time. But Roel told us that this specific trail is usually popular during the rainy season coz of its… guess what… mud! The slippery and dirty trail is said to be one party ride during the rainy season… oh well, that’s probably going to be another story… wait till the rainy season comes.

Girl Padyak
Girl Padyak
Girl Padyak

To make the ride back home shorter, we rode along Aguinaldo highway, and I was riding really fast that time since we were riding on descent! I just have to say how much I love going down fast… the speed really gives me this sense of freedom. But I think, I will still take the bumpy trails over fast road rides… I dunno… maybe I just love the thrill that comes with uneven and unexpected grounds.

By the time we got home, it was already 2pm and we were starving. Good thing, my mom prepared grilled fish and mussels’ soup for lunch. We ate our exhaustion away, and though my body was sore for the next few days (meaning, I couldn’t take Mang Jak for a spin), the ride was worth it! Mang Jak was able to ride to Aling Pina’s, I got my dose of trails and speed, it was a first when it comes to long rides and of course, it’s always nice to go outdoors once in a while.

Meanwhile, our verdict... according to Coach Roel:

Girl Padyak

Okay lang... at least we survived it! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. "But I think, I will still take the bumpy trails over fast road rides… I dunno… maybe I just love the thrill that comes with uneven and unexpected grounds."

    AMEN! That's EXACTLY why I prefer trails...and I hate traffic along the roads. :-P Besides, our bikes are built for off-road, first and foremost. Your Mang Jak will LOVE it. :)

    Congratulations. You're a mountain biker. :)

    ReplyDelete